Linda's Tracker

Evey's Tracker

Saturday, January 23, 2010

INSPIRATION & MOTIVATION


Don't you just love the title for this blog? Very creative, Evey!

I'm inspired not only by Evey's dedication to lose weight and get fit, but by her committment to helping find a cure for Breast Cancer, the disease that she tragically lost her mum to a few years ago. Even though we are separated by nearly 3000 miles, we are united in spirit, heart and purpose!

I am personally motivated to lose some pounds and get in shape for a trip that is coming up at the end of April! I will be spending three weeks in the United Kingdom, visiting London (for the first time, if you can believe that), Scotland, the Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Glasgow, the Lakes District, WALES (VERY excited, since my part of my heritage is Welsh), and most of Ireland!

More importantly, three HUGE motivations are present in the picture above...my Grandsons, Gavin (10), Trevor (8) and Avery (18 mo.)!!! I want to be able to run and play with them and live a healthy lifestyle in order to see them mature as adults!!
The tools I am using are...diet...in particular, the Flat Belly Diet and the Sonoma Diet, because I like really like Tuscan-style food and then there are the MUFA's...more about that later.

and...for physical activity, I am the proud owner of the "wii fit plus" system, and now find working out FUN!!! Yes, it's true! Somehow, when you're playing games and watching your little 'mii' run around, it makes it fun!!

So far, I have lost nearly 5 lbs. in two weeks!! Stay tuned & thanks for visiting!!

Evey's mom-in-law, Linda

3 comments:

Linda MacTravel said...

I guess I thought it would go without saying...my MAIN inspiration is GOD, and my MAIN motivator is my HUSBAND!!! Phew!

Andrea said...

Yea! The blog is up and running! And you're off to a great start! Keep up the good work!

PandA said...

5 lbs. in 2 weeks?! That is great!! Good job mom, keep it up! Love you!
~Sha